    already and should just be able to copy it somehow...

    Thanks
    Phil

    Phillip, Feb 28, 2009

  2. "Phillip" <> wrote in message
    news:21eql.26184$...
    > I have a t40 and want to get a new larger harddrive. I would like to copy
    > the recovery partition to the new hard drive. What would be the best way

    of
    > doing this? I would perfer not to buy the recovery cds as I have the

    partion
    > already and should just be able to copy it somehow...
    >
    > Thanks

    I just recently did this with my R51 series. I used Acronis True Image.
    The 2nd HD Adapter I bought along with the drive came with an Apricorn
    package that purported to do the same thing. Only problem was that the
    Apricorn software was on a floppy, and I don't have a floppy drive for the
    laptop yet. The license agreement forbade me from copying the software,
    else I would have copied it either to a jump drive or a CD, but in looking
    at the disc, I couldn't find anything executable to copy, anyway. I just
    remembered that I'd downloaded a free copy of True Image 7 a while back, but
    had never used it. So, I installed it on the old drive, popped the new
    drive into the adapter, popped out the CD-ROM drive and put the adapter in
    its place. I then told the software to clone the old drive onto the new
    one. It did. While I was in the program, I was able to resize, move, and
    otherwise manipulate the partitions so that I now have space on the drive
    for Linux, once I finally figure out how I want to put it on there. And,
    the hidden partition still works. :)

    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    (Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

    Tom Rutherford, Mar 3, 2009