    I've got a little question. I've got a SS20 that I'm control it by the
    console port. How can I switch from working space 1 to other.

    Steve.

    Steve Houle, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Solaris doesn't have alternate console windows the way that Linux does.

    So maybe you need to install a different operating system.

    Or you could compile and run the 'screen' program to provide
    multiple shell windows on a single physical terminal.

    carl

    Carl Lowenstein, Sep 15, 2003

  3. Steve Houle

    Steve Houle Guest

    Sorry, that not what I'm looking for. Maybe my english is too poor.
    Let me explain.

    I got a SS20 that I want to install Linux on it.
    When I start the installation, I could switch to a shell console by using
    ALT-F1 (or something like that, sorry I forget). It work ok when I type it
    on the keyboard. But when I try to do the same thing by the console port,
    I don't know how to do it.

    Steve.

    Steve Houle, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Steve Houle

    Greg Andrews Guest

    Would you please explain the difference between the "keyboard" and
    the "console"? This is not clear from your descriptions, and is
    important to anyone who wants to help you.

    -Greg

    Greg Andrews, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Steve Houle

    Rich Teer Guest

    A poor choice: Solaris would be better.
    By "console port" do you mean one of the serial ports,
    like TTY A? If that's the case, then there's no way I
    can think of that would work.

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,