    'com.apple.dvdplayer.plist'; tried zapping the PRAM, neither worked.

    Any ideas greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Brian, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks for your help, but I clicked that off a while ago. I also tried
    re-installing DVD Player, no luck so far.

    Brian, Oct 28, 2003

  3. What is the manufacturer and model number of the DVD drive?

    Jennifer Mullen, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Thanks to all for trying to help me out. The DVD drive is a Pioneer
    DVD-RW DVR-104, Revision A227.

    I have since performed an 'archive and install' of Panther, and DVD
    Player didn't even get installed! I get a weird security error when
    trying to run Pacifist to extract the DVD Player install files, so I
    can't do that. And now Toast won't even read from the DVD-RW when I
    try to do a normal CD disk copy (and that worked before Panther with
    the same drives.)

    Frustrating...

    Brian, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Brian

    Brian Guest

    Problem solved! The cause of the problem was the jumper settings on
    the 2 drives and their location on the bus (ribbon cable): each had
    been set to 'cable select,' and the Superdrive was in the slave
    position on the bus. Thanks to "Hussein" from the discussion boards at
    Apple.com; he suggested I place the Superdrive in the master position
    on the bus -- I did, along with setting the jumpers to master and
    slave appropriately, and the problem is now solved.

    Thanks to everyone for helping me out. -Brian

    Brian, Nov 6, 2003