    drive. I have tried differant slots and differant jumpers to no
    avail.What compliency is pci slots on my motherboard. sata 150 needs
    PCI to be 2.2 or 2.3 compliant. Please help me.

    Tom Shirley, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Tom Shirley

    TomC Guest

    To free IRQs boot into the BIOS and disable everything that you can disable
    that uses IRQs, such as com and printer ports, USB, whatever you can do
    without.
    Boot, let Windows notice the changes. Reboot. Go into Control Panel > System
    IRQ. Reboot again.

    I think that these boards were PCI rev. 2.1, but I'm not certain. Re
    SATA -- if you can get it to work, you may have the world's only Pentium
    class mobo with a SATA drive. Good luck.

    TomC

    TomC, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Tom Shirley

    stanmc Guest

    You haven't stated which operating system you are using.

    In your reply, please give the list of IRQ's in use.

    If you are using WIN98 then go into Device Manger
    (press the Window key and the Pause Break key)

    The top item in the list when you are in Device Manager will list the
    IRQs if you ask for properties.

    Is anything in the slot next to the AGP slot.

    You must avoid using that slot if at all possible.

    Have no idea about PCI compliancy for the board.

    Best wishes

    stanmc, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Tom Shirley

    dave Guest

    Porbably the best thing to try is a new and upgraded system, including XP.
    Dave

    dave, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Tom Shirley

    Tom Shirley Guest

    I apprieciate all of your help trying to figure this out. I am running win98se.
    IRQ's in use as follows.
    00 System Timer
    01 Standard 101/102-key or microsoft natural keyboard
    02 Programmable interrupt controller
    03 Communications Port (com 2)
    04 Communications Port (com 1)
    05 NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
    05 IRQ holder for PCI steering
    05 DSI Modem Device Manager
    05 DSI D-F-V V.90 D13635
    06 Standard Floppy Disc Controller
    07 Printer Port (LPT1)
    08 System CMOS/real time clock
    09 NEC USB Open Host Controller
    09 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    10 Creative SB Live!
    10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    10 Via Tech 3038 PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    11 Nec USB Open Host Controller
    11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    11 Rage Fury/Xpert 128/Xpert 2000
    12 Optical Mouse 4 (PS/2)
    13 Numeric Data processor
    14 Primary IDE Controller (dual fifo)
    15 Via Bus Master PCI IDE Controller
    15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)

    Tom Shirley, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Tom Shirley

    stanmc Guest

    I would suggest that you go into BIOS and release the com2 and com1
    resources if nothing is attached to your I/O ports.

    Next you will find in your autoexec.bat or config.sys (been a while
    since I used SB16 but I believe autoexec) entries that apply to the
    creative card. You might try to make use of IRQ 3 or 4 for the SB16.
    There is a setup program for that purpose. I don't recall its name.

    Before you do that of course reboot and see what the list of IRQs is
    after you remove all unused com ports.

    Get back to us.

    Good luck!!!

    stanmc, Feb 3, 2004