SY-K7V Dragon PLUS! most stable settings recommendations please?

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by DAH, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. DAH

    DAH Guest

    I have 3 hard drives (primary master, secondary master & slave on
    ATA100) plus 2 opticals (masters on IDE 1 & 2). Single 512MB stick of
    DDR2100.
    I used to have 3 opticals (DVD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-RW).
    I have removed the DVD-ROM & CD-RW and replaced it with a second
    DVD-RW.
    Since I did this the system system has become incredibly unstable.
    Writing to the new DVD drive sometimes works, sometimes it freezes.
    Ok, I can live with that - just one of those things, though very
    frustrating in time, money and coasters.
    But it also freezes randomly just when copying data from one hard
    drive to another, and now regularly freezes with a black screen on
    first boot, working ok on the second. It didn't use to.
    I've tried every combination of BIOS settings I can, including the
    default ones in the manual.
    My question is - can anyone recommend the most stable configuration
    for the mobo settings (trp, DRAM timing...)? I don't much care about
    the fastest speed - the odd fraction of a second increase is pointless
    if I'm wasting minutes constantly rebooting.
    Thanks,
    DAH

    DAH, Dec 18, 2004