    With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.

    Any hints?

    Mark

    Mark Behrends, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Mark Behrends

    SleeperMan Guest

    Mark Behrends wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
    > BIOS settings?
    >
    > Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
    > DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
    > seems to run a little unstable.
    >
    > Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
    >
    > With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Mark

    I think it's not turbo or normal mode issue, but the fact that you inserted
    two sticks of RAM. On that mobo, this is a mistake. A lot of people have
    issues when having more than one stick of RAM. My suggestion is replace two
    sticks with one 1G.

    SleeperMan, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Mark Behrends

    AndyC Guest

    Mark Behrends wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which is the main difference between "Normal" and "Turbo" mode in the
    > BIOS settings?
    >
    > Since I exchanged my 256 MB DDR-RAM from Crucial with 2x 512 MB
    > DDR-RAM from Kingston as recommended on the Soyo website the mobo
    > seems to run a little unstable.
    >
    > Sometimes out of a sudden it shuts down and reboots.
    >
    > With the 256 MB module it did run stable for years.
    >
    > Any hints?
    >
    > Mark

    Try the ram in slots 1 and 3.
    Using the turbo setting requires top notch ram with tight timings,
    something like the Corsair LL series.

    Andy

    AndyC, Feb 13, 2005