    GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
    Power: Antec 350W ATX

    Why the mb does work with this configuration?

    samoh, May 1, 2005

  2. samoh

    samoh Guest

    Additional information:

    I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
    few questions:

    Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
    Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
    Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
    voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.
    Does anyone know what the voltage is?
    Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

    Thank you in advance.

    samoh, May 2, 2005

  3. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
    100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
    Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

    f/fgeorge, May 2, 2005
  4. samoh

    samoh Guest

    Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
    Memory:
    I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
    I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
    well.

    GC:
    I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

    Thanks agian!

    samoh, May 3, 2005
  5. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
    using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
    more plain one and see if that is the problem.
    slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
    can almost always underclock.

    f/fgeorge, May 3, 2005
  6. samoh

    samoh Guest

    Thank you very much for your suggestions.
    I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
    but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
    the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
    can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
    don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
    problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
    mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
    doesn't mean the mb is defective?

    Regards,

    samoh, May 6, 2005
  7. samoh

    f/fgeorge Guest

    Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

    f/fgeorge, May 6, 2005
  8. samoh

    samoh Guest

    samoh, May 7, 2005