    I just bought this board and installed it. Everything seems to be working
    well, but what I would like to know is why is there a light on the motherboard.
    Is it a warning light or is it supposed to be on. Thanks

    DCervan123, Aug 18, 2004

  2. DCervan123

    Jim B. Guest

    (DCervan123) wrote in message
    Some have a light to let you know that there is power being supplied
    to the motherboard even when it's switched off, it's the standby power
    indicator. To remind you to disconnect the power supply before working
    on the system.

    Other's and I believe the P4I-865PE fits in this group, it's a light
    to show you that your video card is supported. If the light is green
    the video card matches the AGP specs for the board. If the light is
    red the card is of a different AGP spec then the board can support.

    Jim B., Aug 18, 2004