SY-P4S Dragon Ultra problem (card reader) HELP!!

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by S, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. S

    S Guest

    I installed a 7 in 1 memory card reader/writer with USB/1394 extension
    ports, internal->5.25" drive bay.
    It will not read my memory cards cards!
    I plugged the USB cable from the reader into my SOYO USB 2.0 PCI card.
    All the drives for the reader (CF,MS,CD,MMC,SM) are listed in the drive
    tree.
    Once I put a memory card in the reader/writer the light on the front goes
    out
    and none of my other USB ports work and Windows "hangs" when I shut it down.
    What gives??

    My system:
    P4 2.4ghz, 512mb RAM, running Win XP Pro loaded with all the updates.
    The reader/writer is made by Bytecc (web page with reader)
    http://www.byteccusa.com/product/USB/BT-618.htm

    And yes, I e-mailed their tech support with no answer yet.

    Thanks for any input!!

    S, Feb 7, 2004

  2. S

    S Guest

    never mind,,,,,,,fixed myself! yipppeeeee!

    S, Feb 7, 2004

  3. S

    poraxan Guest

    How did you get it to work?