Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspire 1690

Discussion in 'Acer' started by roman, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. roman

    roman Guest

    Hi

    I have the following Problem with my Touchpad.

    When I first used my Laptop everything was fine. Also my Synaptics
    Touchpad worked properly.

    Somewhen I bought a USB mouse because a mouse is more comfortable then
    a touchpad. For a few dasy I never used the touchpad again, but I know
    that the touchpad and the mouse onece worked properly together... so I
    could use either one... One day I wanted to use the touchpad again.
    AND: It didn't work.

    I downloaded the most actual drivers from the Acer webseite. I
    installed them, everything seems to be fine, but the touchbad just
    doesn't work.

    In the hardware configuration are no conflicts displayed, the hardware
    is not disabled or something like that. It is shown that the device is
    "Ready To Work".

    The drivers load on system startup. So that also can't be the
    problem...

    Did someone had the same problem?

    I don't know what to do... Thanks a lot for your help

    Roman

    roman, Oct 6, 2005

  2. roman

    jappy Guest

    Try looking in your control panel, MOUSE, then the DEVICE SETTINGS TAB
    and see if your device is ENABLED or DISABLED.

    jappy, Oct 6, 2005

  3. roman

    l.wilde Guest

    is the mouse pad not swithed off by (Fn) F7

    l.wilde, Oct 9, 2005
  4. Re: Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

    I have the same problem with the bigger one Aspire 1710: for a fe
    days usb mouse and touchpad worked properly together, but now th
    touchpad is died

    When the pc starts without any external mouse the WindowsXp continu
    to show the mouse icon accordingly to fact the mouse(touchpad) i
    still present, but the pointer is motionless

    I deduct this is a common problem of Acer with usb external mouse
    :crybaby

    bubus_company, Oct 17, 2005
  5. roman

    mfous Guest

    Re: Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

    The most common solution is the FN-F7 combination (activation fo
    touchpad). It happened to me after I installed a USB mouse
    Nevertheless no it works again...

    mfou

    mfous, Mar 30, 2006
  6. roman

    El_Fluffo Guest

    Re: Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

    cool....I was about to take the laptop back to the shop then saw the
    post about the Fn F7 thing and everything's fine again.
    Thanx a lot

    El_Fluffo, May 22, 2006
  7. roman

    nobody cares Guest

    Re: Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

    I have the same problem with an Acer Aspire 3004. My usb mouse and
    touchpad worked together for quite some time. I also installed the
    BlueSoleil bluetooth stack. I mostly used the usb mouse so I didn't
    realize I had a problem until a month later, so I can't say exactly
    when the problem first occured.

    The first thing I did was toggle Fn+F7 but that didn't work. I
    uninstalled the bluetooth stack, still didn't work. I uninstalled the
    Synaptics Pointing Device Driver and reinstalled it, still didn't
    work. I booted into SafeMode, still didn't work.

    In the control panel under Mouse Properties, there is a tab with the
    Synaptics logo labeled Device Settings, but no devices are listed. No
    problems were found in Device Manager but under Mice and Other
    Pointing Devices only one HID-compliant mouse is listed when the usb
    mouse is connected and no devices listed when the usb mouse is
    disconnected.

    There are no BIOS configurable settings for the touchpad and I tried
    Acer's website but it absolutely STINKS!!! :mad:

    ANY IDEAS (like how to tell if it's a hardware or software problem),
    PLEASE?????

    nobody cares, Jan 11, 2007
  8. Re: Synaptics Touchpad doesn't work anymore on my Acer Aspir

    Am 11.01.2007 15:46 schrieb nobody cares:
    > In the control panel under Mouse Properties, there is a tab with the
    > Synaptics logo labeled Device Settings, but no devices are listed. No
    > problems were found in Device Manager but under Mice and Other
    > Pointing Devices only one HID-compliant mouse is listed when the usb
    > mouse is connected and no devices listed when the usb mouse is
    > disconnected.

    [...]
    > ANY IDEAS (like how to tell if it's a hardware or software problem),
    > PLEASE?????

    Maybe install VMware Player (www.vmware.com/download/player) and try
    some OS there?

    Or, re-install Windows.

    Martin

    Martin Joachim, Jan 18, 2007
  9. roman

    Louis Withorpe 3rd

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    3

    Thanks mate that works.:)

    Louis Withorpe 3rd, May 10, 2007
  10. roman

    horodul

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Acer/Synaptics toach pad

    To reactivate Synaptics touch pad
    Fn and F7 press at the same time work for me thank you for information.
    Horodul :) :) :)

    horodul, Jan 2, 2008
  11. roman

    cojoc

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hmm

    ok guys, i have the same problem and it is not from the fn f7... i checked the device manager and under HID there is a PS/2 touchscreen i dunno how is there coz i dont have one, but still after i uninstall this sh*t my mousepad works just fine, but after each restart it keeps insatlling it ...who knows how to uninstall it once for all ??? I would appreciate any suggestions ...:confused:

    cojoc, Jan 16, 2009
  12. roman

    adenizli

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Thanks a lot

    Thanks a lot, it worked

    adenizli, Aug 2, 2009
  13. roman

    cige.kiko

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Thank you very much man, u solve my big problem.

    cige.kiko, Jan 21, 2010
  14. roman

    ross

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    i have a acer apsire 5532 and had the same problem. there's a little button left of the power button that starts and stops the touch pad. when the touch pad is disabled this button will be a dark yellow.

    ross, Jan 31, 2010
  15. roman

    DanaNicole

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    MN
    You solved my prob! YOU are awesome my friend!!

    ROSS, I registered an account to tell you how awesome you are for posting this! You solved what I thought would be a "time-to-buy-a-new-laptop" kind of problem! YOU ARE AWESOME FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST THIS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    :D

    Your New Biggest Fan,

    Dana

    DanaNicole, Jul 8, 2010
  16. roman

    kaol

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    I'm posting in the hopes I'll help someone with this same problem. I kept on coming back to this site/thread over the last 6 months while trying to help my son reactivate his touchpad on his new ACER laptop. I tried all the suggestions above and none of them worked.

    He had added a Microsoft Mobile Memory Mouse 8000 and the mouse worked fine - it was just that when he took it off he couldn't get his touchpad to work again. It's very frustrating trying to remove the mouse driver and navigate around to reactivate the touchpad without use of a mouse or touchpad...but I was doing just that when I happened to open up the laptop quickguide that came with the computer. There I saw a "touchpad toggle" switch in the diagram provided. It is located directly to the left of the "on" button above the keyboard. I clicked it so the orange light went off - and from then on the touchpad worked!

    Geek for a day!

    kaol, Sep 27, 2010
  17. roman

    kaol

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Oops - I just saw that Ross had already posted this tidbit...and I didn't read it. That will teach me a lesson!

    kaol, Sep 27, 2010
  18. roman

    Richie

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    Thank you, I have a question, does this suit for Acer Aspire 2000?:confused:

    Richie, Nov 9, 2010
  19. roman

    tbearmama

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    I am having the same problem!

    Everything was fine. I used my touchpad sometimes, and sometimes I used my usb wireless mouse. I had no issues. Then, my daughter cleaned out my system, like she does regularly. (She enjoys doing this as she is in school for computers and works as a computer tech) Anyway, after the last time, I went to play with my touchpad because in the mouse settings, even though I have the box checked to disable touchpad when the mouse is plugged in, I realized that the touchpad was still active. I found that I can hit FN and F7 to disable it, but I should not have to do that as I never had to before. Now I have to do that everytime I turn on my computer! But, trying to doubletap in the upper left hand corner was supposed to bring up something. NOTHING. I want to change the settings like what I want to happen when I tap the lower left corner, etc. It's nowhere on the settings, or in the mouse settings where it was before. You can click in the mouse settings and find the synaptics touchpad driver details and see all the options, so I know they're on my system, but...there's no where to access them, but the system says that its working properly??? ugh. I hope someone knows what is up with this. I would love to fix it. I'm not great with the touchpad, but I still like to use it once in awhile. PlEASE help! Clarification: the touchpad technically works, but the ability to adjust the settings and it's cool functionality are what is missing. It is just a basic, no frills, touchpad now. I used it before, I need to know how to make it work again. ACER IS NO HELP> THEY SAY IT IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, AND WANT TO CHARGE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS TO EVEN LISTEN TO ME.

    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    tbearmama, Sep 20, 2012
  20. roman

    tbearmama

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2012
    Messages:
    3
    I never got a guide with my Acer Aspire 7741Z. Does anyone know if mine has this toggle thing somewhere else maybe? I don't have any button near my ON button just two lights. One for WIFI and the other one just blinks blue intermittently. But they are not buttons...I checked. I looked at my function buttons and I have one for WIFI, then SLEEP, then DUAL MONITOR, then I'm not sure, then TOUCHPAD ON/OFF then MUTE. This particular touchpad on'off is only to disable the touchpad. My touchpad works, generally speaking, but I can't adjust the multi gesture that I used to be able to as there is no way to access the settings anymore..... Any advice?

    tbearmama, Sep 20, 2012