    address ?

    something like:

    10.0.0.40 /var/log/telephone.log

    JF Mezei, Nov 13, 2010

  2. JF Mezei

    David Empson Guest

    No, because that file can only select based on the facility name and
    priority of the log message, not the source of the message.

    man syslog.conf

    As far as I can tell, log messages received via UDP are merged into the
    stream of locally generated log messages, without any indication as to
    the source.

    What you might be able to do would be to turn off syslogd's handling of
    incoming UDP log messages (man syslogd and refer to the -udp_in option,
    or you might need to fiddle with launchd) and write a script which
    receives those messages instead and does something else with them, such
    as modifying them then logging them.

    David Empson, Nov 14, 2010