    the other from KByte). The BIOS is Award v 4.51 PG, and it reports
    SDRAM 8 ns in 2 banks. Could it be a setting that's off? What do you
    suggest I do?

    CM, Dec 16, 2003

  2. CM

    ray Guest

    whats the maximum memmory capacity of ur system?? also double check
    both slots (i.e make sure it detects 128 mb in both slots to verify
    the slots are working properly) what brand/modell no would be usefull
    in further trouble shooting

    ray, Dec 17, 2003

  3. CM

    JMR Guest

    It is possible that a memory slot or a stick of ram is bad but if you
    have onboard video then it may be "stealing" a portion of memory to
    use as video ram. Many name brand manufacturers (HP, Compact, etc.) do
    this with some of their model line, it save money and speeds up
    assembly. If it does have onboard video check to see if you have an
    AGP expansion port (a brown slot that is torward the middle back of
    the motherboard and is above and to the right of the PCI slots).
    Usually in the case of onboard video these days they like to make it
    AGP thus no AGP expansion port. Sometimes though the onboard is PCI
    and you can add an AGP video card that will use it's own memory
    instead of system memory and disable the onboard video in the BIOS or
    switch it to check the AGP port for a card first.

    JMR, Dec 17, 2003