"System Failed CPU Test" and blank screen on ASUS P4P800 Deluxe!!!

Discussion in 'Asus' started by NBK, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. NBK

    NBK Guest

    Hi

    I have swapped video cards [ATI Radeon 9800 Pro]. Reset CMOS and put in
    a new battery. Yet i still get that "System Failed CPU Test" and a blank
    monitor screen. Is my CPU dead?

    Thanks
    NBK

    Leadtek Winfast A400 GT TDH 6800 GT, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watts,
    Audigy 2 ZS, on board NIC, LiteOn LH-20A1H, Windows XP Pro SP2, Zalman
    CNPS7000A-CU, ASUS P4P800 Deluxe rev. 2.0 1019 BIOS, P4 3.4E OEM SL7E6
    Malay rev. D0 processor, Maxtor Maxline III 7B300S0 300GB Serial ATA
    HDD, Sony Floppy Drive, NEC chipset USB 2.0 card and Lian-LI PC-60
    Silver Case

    APC Back-UPS RS 1500VA UPS, Umax Astra 2200 Scanner, Viewsonic G90fb
    monitor and Brother HL-5250DN Laser Printer, Microsoft Natural Elite
    Keyboard

    NBK, Nov 9, 2007

  2. NBK

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Not necessarily. Other options include overloaded PSU, failing PSU,
    defect mainboard, overclocking, misaligned CPU cooler, weak
    power connection.

    Unless you overclock, the weakest link is typically the PSU.
    Howerver Enermax makes very reliable PSUs, so I would rule that
    out for the time being.

    What were your fist symptoms?

    One think you can try is reseat all power connectors to the
    mainboard.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Nov 10, 2007

  3. NBK

    NBK Guest

    Thanks for responding,

    I found the culprit by reseating all the PSU cables and all is well.

    NBK

    NBK, Nov 10, 2007
  4. NBK

    Arno Wagner Guest

    Veru good. It is a relatively common problem.

    Arno

    Arno Wagner, Nov 10, 2007