    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-P35DS3L
    CPU Intel E6850 socket 775
    Memory : Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4

    Keith, Dec 23, 2007

  2. Keith

    kernel77 Guest

    kernel77, Dec 23, 2007

  3. Keith

    Paul Guest

    I'd test each pair by themselves first, to make sure all is well
    with them. No sense trying four, if a particular pair is not
    healthy. Once at least a single good pair is identified, then
    move them to the other two slots (as long as the manual allows
    it - some of the boards with fancy fan control, sometimes have
    a note in the manual, about a preferred slot being
    used). Another thing you can try, for a laugh, is a three
    stick config - that should work on an Intel chipset board.
    When three works but four doesn't, then it's a BIOS issue.

    Next item, is to check for BIOS updates, like ones that improved
    memory compatibility. I wasn't able to get to the Gigabyte site
    earlier, so couldn't check. (I'm having occasional trouble with
    stuff in that part of the world, and since I get a "reset connection"
    message, it could be the networking equipment at my ISP.)

    There have been cases, where the memory map on a motherboard BIOS
    is messed up, and stuff was overlapping. This caused strange things
    to happen, like bogus "USB overcurrent" messages and the like.

    You'd really need to find a private forum that specializes in Gigabyte
    boards, to find out something like that. USENET doesn't have the
    same concentration of effort, that some of the private forums do.
    For example, Asus hosts vip.asus.com, and each motherboard model
    has a forum. Some forums have very little traffic (not worth
    visiting), while others have 4000 threads and are a gold mine.
    That is the kind of thing every motherboard company should have.
    (The Asus vip server is dog slow, so not every aspect of the thing
    is wonderful. Some days, I just have to leave it alone, because
    it is like being on dialup all over again. The web designers should
    have bought a commercial web BBS package, instead of rolling their
    own.)

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    Correct -works fine with one matched pair ( 2 x 1 GB), but adding a second
    matched pair of identical RAM (4 x 1 GB) -it does not POST -using either
    auto or manual settings.

    Each pair seperately works.

    Keith, Dec 23, 2007