    Changing the motherboard is not an option...

    Thanks in advance for your assistance! :)

    JH

    Jean Hurtubise, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Jean Hurtubise

    JK Guest

    Watch the cpu temperature also with the monitor PCAlert. If it comes
    over 60C-65C that might be a reason.

    Are soundcard drivers also DX9 compatible ? One could try to remove
    the audigy and see if that helps. I have not forgot the via killer
    over all: creative (but anyway you don't have via chipset).
    Their drivers can poisonate a good windows installation. So be sure,
    that drivers are not loaded.

    Disable fastwrites in bios.

    Is it also so with counterstrikes ?

    best regards

    John

    JK, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Jean Hurtubise

    C&M Guest

    Have you installed the Intel chipset drivers? If so you may need to try a
    different video driver. Latest driver may be the problem. 3.6 cats will make
    my computer act up. I switched back to 3.4.

    C&M, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Hi,

    Turned off ''Fast Writes''. Seemed to have solved the problem! (Will do
    further testing later, but I just played 15 minutes of Raven Shield -
    longer than I ever have!)

    Many thanks for everyones' help!

    JH

    Jean Hurtubise, Aug 7, 2003