System halts during boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daveiosys, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. daveiosys

    daveiosys Guest

    When I boot up I have system set to boot from SATA drive.
    System OS - XP Professional SP2.
    I have two hard drives connected via PCI controller (Silicon Imag
    ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller card)
    I have four USB hard drives hooked up to a Belkin hub.
    Maxtor 3200 USB Device [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) - drive 3
    ST340063 3A USB Device [Hard drive] (400.09 GB) - drive 4
    Seagate FreeAgentDesktop USB Device [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) - drive 5
    Seagate FreeAgent Pro USB Device [Hard drive] (750.15 GB) - drive 6
    When booting USB auto configuration passes ok.
    Memory check is ok.
    Computer hangs after identifying the four USB hard drives.
    Windows does not launch.
    If I disconnect USB hub system starts without a problem but then
    I do not have the hard drives.
    I can plug in USB hub after Windows has booted.
    Windows then detects them.
    Disk Management sees hard drives.
    All hard drives are NTFS.
    Any ideas how to resolve this issue?