    off. Well, suggestions? I've heard very good things about the NF7's.

    TIA,

    Chris Martin

    Chris Martin, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Chris Martin

    willg Guest

    Any Nforce2 board should be a good bet--do look into the characteristics
    of the nvidia Soundstorm technology, you may find that you prefer it to
    your Audigy.

    One of the A7N8X-E boards might be a good bet, but be aware that they're
    a little different from the boards without the "E"--motherboard monitor
    for example reports different temperature measuring devices found.

    willg, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Chris Martin

    Wes Newell Guest

    Any NF2 400, NF2 Ultra 400, SIS748, or Via KT600 chipsets boards should
    work well with a 2500+ clocked up 3200+. I'd get some good cheap PC4000
    ram. Not much more than PC3200. About $200 will get you a decent combo
    with 512meg of ram. Personally, I'd probably just overclock the 1900+ or
    replace it with a 2400+ or maybe even a 333FSB cpu if your board will do
    166MHz FSB.

    Wes Newell, Jan 5, 2004