    on in the bios display screen, so why wont this do it?
    Every thing else works fine
    Ian

    Ian, Sep 30, 2004

  2. I have never heard of this happening, but it very much looks like a
    defective CMOS clock. I'd return the board.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Ian

    Paul Guest

    To the right of the Southbridge, you'll see a silver colored
    cylinder. That cylinder is a 32.678 KHz watch crystal, similar
    to ones used in wrist watches. That is used by the Southbridge
    for timekeeping. Perhaps the crystal is missing ? Or one of
    the two tiny capacitors used to compensate it.

    Page 67 of this document shows the essential components.
    http://developer.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/25251601.pdf

    If the cylinder is there, tap the cylinder and see if the clock
    starts to run. The crystal itself could have a bad connection
    (sometimes caused by a shock received during shipping).

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, Oct 1, 2004
  4. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Ok guys finally solved it, it just needed a simple cmos flush.DOHHH. Thanks anyway

    Ian, Oct 2, 2004