System Update 2.0 can't install - cant find a supporterd .NET Framework

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by ship, May 20, 2006.

  1. ship

    ship Guest

    Windows XP Pro (all latest patches)
    Thinkpad:T23 9NG

    Hi

    I have System Update (v1?) installed but when
    I tried to install the System Update 2.0 (from Levono?)
    file "systemupdatelight-2006-05-04.exe"
    it couldnt install and it came back with error message
    "System Update could not find a supported .NET Framework"

    What the heck is that?
    Do I need to install something from Microsoft - if so what?
    And who much money is it going to cost me!

    Any thoughts?

    With thanks

    Ship
    Shiperton Henethe

    ship, May 20, 2006

  2. ship

    eM eL Guest

    You do need ."NET framework" and it won't cost you a penny. Check the
    needed version (1.0, 1.0 or 2.0) of the framework in the readme file for
    your install, then go to the downloads section on microsoft.com, get it and
    install it on your 'puter. If there is no version info, you'll most likely
    need v. 1.1 but you can install both 1.1 and 2.0 -- all .NET framework
    versions can coexist peacefully on the same machine.

    eM eL, May 20, 2006

  3. ship

    GomJabbar Guest

    You can get .NET 1.1 (the version you need) from Windows Update.
    Launch Windows Update and choose Custom. It will be listed in the
    other Windows Updates catagory (something like that). Note that .NET
    2.0 will likely not work. However you can have both 1.1 and 2.0
    installed together.

    GomJabbar, May 20, 2006