    mike

    i don't want to spend alot

    also, what is the best amd processor to buy at this time

    moon, Jun 20, 2004

  2. moon

    rstlne Guest

    2500+ mobile or even the normal 2500+ (they'll both do 3200+ speeds.. I
    would get the normal one to save a few $'s but it's going to be a fsb
    overclock)

    Msi are crap, so i'll let you find your own motherboard

    rstlne, Jun 20, 2004

  3. moon

    moon Guest

    ok, please recommend a board then

    moon, Jun 20, 2004
  4. moon

    Ski Guest

    am going to upgrade from a amd 1.4 to a amd 3000 xp, please recommend a
    KT6V and some buffalo tech 3200 ram with the 2500xp.
    Get a Thermalright ALX-800 and a 80mm fan...
    cools the CPU AND the nothbridge down some.

    Rock solid 2 times for me, runs at 400fsb...
    its the machine I build for people who DON'T like to WORK on their computers.

    The K7N2 Delta is only for those of us who like to spend
    HOURS getting it to run on cheap RAM...

    Ski
    "The only way to find out how far is too far...
    is to go there"
    (remove spleen to e-mail)

    Ski, Jun 20, 2004
  5. moon

    Wes Newell Guest

    Then don't buy a new board (and the ram it will require), just upgrade
    your cpu. The 1.4 Tbird B brings a good price on ebay from people that
    think that's the fastest cpu there old board supports. After that, you
    total upgrade cost will be probably nothing or close to it.
    The one that gets the job done at the lowest cost.:)

    Wes Newell, Jun 21, 2004