    ProductID 7661Y63
    battery says LENOVO 11S42T5228Z1ZEES83Z02

    Help please i can't memorize these numbers!

    lol, Jan 19, 2013

  2. lol

    Guest Guest

    T61 takes the same batteries as the T60. Part number for the standard 6 cell is 40Y6799.
    Part number for the 9-cell is 40Y6797. Lenovo also calls the standard a 41+, and the 9-cell a
    41++.

    If you're in the US it seems Newegg is selling these for almost half Lenovo. If you find a
    9-cell for under $60 though it's likely counterfeit. CDW outlet is a good source sometimes for
    cheap lenovo batteries. Avoid counterfeit/knockoff batteries, you *will* pay more in the
    longterm.

    Joe

    Guest, Jan 19, 2013

  3. lol

    lol Guest

    Thanks for that reply
    Now you've pointed me in the right direction, so i know what I'm looking
    for, i have found a P/N
    42T4552 on my original battery.
    Does this sound right to you? It is a better match to the pattern you
    describe.

    I am, unfortunately in the UK can't buy from Newegg, but have had success in
    the past buying a battery from Ebay for my T43. It was a good'un and
    outlasted the laptop.
    Many thanks for you help

    lol, Jan 20, 2013
  4. lol

    Guest Guest

    Oh that's the tiny batt, 4 cell. I'd get the 6 cell if you want to add some battery life. 4
    cell is crap for it.
    I would suggest avoiding ebay at all costs. There are a LARGE number of knockoff and
    counterfeit batteries for thinkpads. A good ebay deal is likely to be DOA or fail within the
    month at best. At worst, it'll catch your laptop on fire and/or burn your house down.

    Joe

    Guest, Jan 20, 2013
  5. lol

    lol Guest

    Thanks, will have a hunt

    lol, Jan 20, 2013
  6. Do you have Radio Shack or Tandy over there? Same outfit, but it's Tandy in
    Oz, I know. Anyway, they seem to have some good prices on laptop batteries.
    I'd check them out if I were you. Take your old battery in, and they'll
    recycle it so you won't have to worry about it. At least, they do that
    here.

    Tom Rutherford, Jan 20, 2013
  7. lol

    lol Guest

    Good suggestion thanks... but
    Maplin the name now, but say £51, ordered on request
    (ie they get it from China and add 100% markup?)

    lol, Jan 21, 2013
  8. Maplin? Actually, if a pound is worth two dollars, that's really not bad.
    I don't know what the exchange rate is these days, though.

    Tom Rutherford, Jan 21, 2013
  9. lol

    lol Guest

    no, 1£=1$ (1pound = 1 dollar)