    pc or palm type unit do the job?

    Thanks for any comments,
    Gene

    Gene, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Since Tablets are simply Windows XP Pro machines with pen functionality, you
    use the same software that you would on a laptop.

    With that said, I use MapPoint 2004 + Delorme Earthmate GPS and the
    combination works great. Others have used a bluetooth model and I think
    Delorme makes a bluetooth "sleeve" for its USB model.

    Mounting the tablet will be a pain and an eye sore unless you have other
    reasons for doing it, but a 10" or 12" screen will be easier to look at than
    a 4" screen anyway.

    Josh Einstein, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Gene

    Al Edlund Guest

    I've used the Delorme products (both maps and gps's) for years with
    notebooks and now the tablet. Tablet/notebooks have several advantages over
    the smaller units.
    Size of screen so that you don't have to scrutinize in depth to figure
    out where you are at
    The ability to have a voice/audio interface so you can keep hands and
    eyes on the road
    Software updates/currency is often better with a company that is really
    in the map business
    The newer GPSs may have the ability to support Bluetooth so cables are
    less of an issue
    Al

    Al Edlund, Aug 3, 2004