    numeric value.....this is a problem from the stand point
    of data entry into a database...is it possible to diable
    the feature which adds the space?

    John Pirolo, Jul 22, 2003

  2. John Pirolo

    Eidolon Guest

    Yeah, i find this 'feature' a bit annoying too. I would prefer if XP did
    NOT try to second guess me that much, and just translate what i write... not
    go adding extra stuff it thinks i need. Anyway...

    About your database issue. I dont know if you are the developer or if you
    have access to them and can get changes into the program. I have found in my
    development that it is always a good idea to explicitly clean the data. It
    adds a bit of coding time, BUT removes TONS of support time. You should
    always trim any field before it goes to the db (unless you need the spaces
    of course)..... that will solve 80% of db problems. Correcting quotes and
    stuff also solves a lot.
    If you leave room in your data entry for erroneous input, it is GUARANTEED
    that users will enter erroneous data. Its just the nature of the beast. Any
    hole they can fall into, they will. C'est la vie.

    - Aaron.

    Eidolon, Jul 22, 2003