    calibrated, it's off by about 1/8". So I go to the control panel and guess
    what... there is no "Tablet PC Settings" to be found so that I can calibrate.
    I am running Vista Ultimate. TIA.

    Tom Clark, Oct 23, 2007

  2. What model?

    Josh Einstein, Oct 23, 2007

  3. Tom Clark

    Tom Clark Guest

    I assume you mean computer? I have a Gateway C140X.

    Thanks,
    Tom

    Tom Clark, Oct 24, 2007
  4. Even on my desktop (which has no digitizer) I have a Tablet PC Settings
    control panel applet. Mine is under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound ->
    Tablet PC Settings (all the way at the bottom).

    For that series, check to make sure you've downloaded and run the
    M280ScreenReg.exe "driver" that Gateway lists on their site. I believe you
    have a Finepoint digitizer (My CX2724 did) and that utility is required to
    get the digitizer's linearity data within the acceptable range that the
    calibration utility can work with.

    Josh Einstein, Oct 24, 2007
  5. Tom Clark

    Tom Clark Guest

    Hi Josh,

    On my machine there is no "Tablet PC Settings" under Hardware and Sound.
    But I do see "Pen and Input Devices" and you can get there under classic view
    as well. But there is no calibration setting.

    Also, I went to gateway and searched for a M280ScreenReg.exe driver and got
    zero hits. I am currently looking for a digitizer driver to match my system.
    No joy so far.

    Tom Clark, Oct 24, 2007
  6. Can you run tabcal.exe from the start menu?

    In Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows Features On or Off, is the
    Tablet PC Optional Components feature checked? Try removing it, rebooting,
    then re-adding it.

    It looks like you don't need any drivers, you may have a Wacom digitizer.
    But see if the above suggestions work.
    http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=1014418R

    Josh Einstein, Oct 24, 2007