  1. finnyfrau

    finnyfrau Guest

    When I switch from laptop to tablet, the screen no longer changes orientation immediately. I've checked my sequencing and it's fine. The tech support people say there is no way to check on why the screen doesn't sense that it has changed position, which doesn't make sense to me. If I trigger the screen orientation change, the system will change orientation. How do I get it to go back to the automatic switch when I rotate the screen?

    finnyfrau, Apr 28, 2004

  2. finnyfrau

    Chris H. Guest

    Which Tablet PC do you have? Try setting the sequencing back to the
    default, and if that doesn't work I would be contacting the manufacturer's
    support folks again, and have the situation re-evaluated. It sounds like a
    hardware issue, and not something we can magically fix in this newsgroup.

    Chris H., Apr 28, 2004

  3. Because there are some known issues with different tablets - so
    something that's known to fix something for one manufacturer won't be
    recommended if they have a different brand unit. Thus we avoid more
    of the "useless" comment posts.

    John

    JDTHREE [MVP], Apr 29, 2004
  4. First of all, the tech support people are lying. If there is an
    electronic signal it can be tested for. The only way for the screen to
    tell the OS to rotate is via an electronic signal. Thus they can test for
    it. They just don't know how or wanted to get you off the phone. Now it's
    possible that they meant that you couldn't test for it yourself. But if
    that's what they meant then they should have had you send it in for
    testing and repairs rather than just boot you off the phone.

    I have a similar but opposite problem with my Acer C300. The sensor
    thinks I rotated the screen when I did not. Your problem is almost
    certainly the hardware and can probably be fixed by replacing the sensor.
    It's slightly possible that the electronics on the motherboard that
    receives the signal from the sensor are messed up but not as likely.

    I don't think there is a general setting that would cause WinXP TPC to
    completely ignore this signal. But someone can correct me if I am wrong.

    Grant Robertson, Apr 29, 2004
  5. finnyfrau

    Marauderz Guest

    This would usually have nothing to do with your screen rotation sewuence.
    Usually there's a program for each Tablet PC to do the automatic rotation
    upon detection of a conversion. So you might have accidentally turned it
    off.

    Marauderz, Apr 30, 2004
  6. finnyfrau

    Cheryl Wise Guest

    Strange as if may sound I had the some thing happen when I installed the
    latest Warm pen driver with SP2 RC1 on my Acer C300 . Removing the Wacom
    driver and returning to the factory installed driver solved my problem.

    Cheryl Wise, Apr 30, 2004
  7. You know what, I have been suspecting the same thing. I was planning to
    do the same thing today and almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me. I
    will let you know what happens.

    Grant Robertson, Apr 30, 2004