    How do I get into this m/c?

    TIA
    Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

    GasMan, Jul 28, 2004

  2. GasMan

    HH Guest

    HH, Jul 28, 2004

  3. GasMan

    GasMan Guest

    Thank you, I eventually found a page and was about to remove my
    message when I saw your post.

    Perhaps you can solve this problem for me.

    The serial number is *MEANT* to be 12 digits. I have 2 stickers half
    of which is removed lengthwise, which makes it difficult to read the
    number but it appears to be 8945CVRL2048. The middle 4 characters are
    definitely letters and the restore CD does not accept them as valid.

    How am I meant to restore the o/s with these details?

    Please remove obvious from email address if emailing.

    GasMan, Jul 28, 2004
  4. GasMan

    HH Guest

    The number you list appears to be a valid S/N. Check closely to see if the
    "8"s are not Bs and the "5"s are not 8s. It's easy to misread the small
    characters. I've done that too many times to count. Since the 5471 is not a
    North American model, the QuickRestore CDs are not listed in my matrix. You
    could check the Compaq support subsidiary in your geographical area to make
    sure you have the correct one.
    HH

    HH, Jul 29, 2004