    is holding it together in the middle. Dou you have any ideas on what I
    can do?

    Chet

    chetsministry, Aug 12, 2007

  2. You really need to get a service manual. Otherwise, your chances of
    destroying the laptop (motherboard not withstanding) are pretty high.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 13, 2007

  3. chetsministry

    Dan Dubosky Guest

    Check out the following site:

    http://www.irisvista.com/tech/

    Your precise model may not be there but there may be one which is fairly
    close. My Toshiba 2455 case and placement of parts are very close to a
    Toshiba A20, and the instructions at this site were very helpful.

    Dan

    Dan Dubosky, Aug 13, 2007
  4. chetsministry

    David Benson Guest

    Chet,

    I recently replaced the hinges on a Toshiba A15. (I don't know if it is
    similar to yours or not.) The material on irisvista.com noted by Dan was
    very useful. I doubt I would have been able to complete the job without it.

    On my Toshiba, after removing the umpteen jillion screws from the back of
    the case, I had to pry off the plastic strip directly above the keyboard. I
    could then remove the 3 screws that secured the keyboard. Under the
    keyboard there is an aluminum plate that protects the motherboard from the
    cable for the keyboard. The screw that held that plate in was the final one
    that allowed getting the case apart.

    Barry's comment about the manual is very appropriate -- this is not a job
    for the faint of heart!

    Good luck,

    David

    David Benson, Aug 13, 2007