    with power tip #19 on my Panasonic Toughbook. I just bought a new
    Fujitsu Lifebook S2020. Targus does not list a power tip for the
    Fujitsu, however many, many other Fujitsu models also use power tip
    #19.

    Targus cust. support said they cannot say tip #19 will work for the
    Fujitsu S2020, I think because they have not gotten around to testing
    it.

    I can tell you this:

    - When comparing the laptop-side plugs on the Panasonic and Fujitsu AC
    power supplies, the plugs look identical. And power tip #19 does fit
    the Fujitsu.

    - Specs on the AC power supplies are:

    Panasonic: Input 100-240 V~1.5-0.7A, Output 15.6V=3.85A
    Fujitsu: Input 100-240 V~1.2-0.6A, Output 16.0V=3.75A
    Polarity identical

    Those of you who are knowledgeable about the Targus units and power,
    etc., what do you think? Do you think it will work? Is this a good
    idea to give it a try? What bad can happen?

    Thanks.

    K K J, Apr 23, 2004

  2. You will be fine; nothing bad will happen. The 0.4 volt difference and
    the difference in current capacity (0.1 amps) are both too small to
    matter. If the plugs are physically the same, and the polarity is the
    same, these are close enough to be considered identical.

    Barry Watzman, Apr 24, 2004

  3. K K J

    K K J Guest

    Thanks for the advice.