taskbar in both monitors of dual monitor system.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by keyser_Soze, Jun 15, 2005.

  1. keyser_Soze

    keyser_Soze Guest

    I have XP SP2 and two Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 PCI cards running a
    dual monitor
    system. Everything is working well. I would, however, prefer to have
    either a single taskbar across both monitors, or twin taskbars running
    on both. Currently, I have a single taskbar on the left monitor and no
    taskbar on the right. Is this something that is supported/implemented
    in the nview program?

    I found this quote from an earlier usenet positing:

    <usenet quote>
    Found 'Allow taskbar to span multiple monitors' in the Windows tab
    in nView Desktop Manager.
    </usenet quote>

    but this option is not in the verion of nview that I am using.

    I have seen some 3rd party solutions but I have not liked what I've
    tried.

    Thanks for any help you can provide.

    keyser_Soze, Jun 15, 2005

  2. keyser_Soze

    McGrandpa Guest

    I just started up two 19" LCD's on my system today. I was wondering the
    same thing you are, and while there is a lot of stuff in the nView tools
    to play with, you can't even move the monitors left to right in nView.
    I've seen nothing so far to give me a taskbar on both monitors. Will
    keep looking, but I won't spend $50 + on a 3rd party solution for this.
    Will just have to nag NVidia until they get off the pot.
    McG.

    McGrandpa, Jun 16, 2005