1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

TB wont start

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by M.H., Nov 14, 2011.

  1. M.H.

    M.H. Guest

    Greetings
    I am having a serious problem getting any version of Thunderbird, after
    V5 to work. TB will not start or run after any update from V5 to V6
    or V7 or V8. I tried every iteration of update, 5 to 6, 5 to7, 5 to
    8 NO JOY. In each case, after what appears to be a normal install
    (update) with no errors reported or detected, starting TB in every way
    possible, nothing happens and nothing appears on screen. However, a
    check of task manager shows a TB "process" running. Another attempt
    to start TB starts a second TB process, TB never appears in the
    "applications" category in task manager. If I re-install TB-5
    everything works fine. I have tried every combination of
    uninstall/reinstall I could think of... w/wo admin, w/wo antivirus, w/wo
    compatibility's, install over, remove then install, download V6, V7, V8
    from Mozilla web page and FTP site, start w/wo add-ons enabled/disabled,
    start in TB safe mode.... still no joy. Revert back to V5 then install
    6,7,8 delete V5 then install V6,7,8....NO JOY!!!!
    I must be missing some step or process to get TB going. I have been at
    this since TB 6 was offered as an auto update. When TB7 and 8 came
    along, I tried each of those and basically repeated the above process
    for each... NO JOY

    The system: Win7-home-premium-64bit-(current updates), 24G ram, I 950
    CPU, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO, SATA3-HD, SATA2-HD, GForce 68000-xt
    graphics, Samsung 24" monitor.

    NOTE: TB-V5, works fine as do all the add-ons.

    Thank you in advance for your time and efforts

    MikeH
     
    M.H., Nov 14, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. On 14/11/2011 7:32 AM, M.H. wrote:
    > Greetings
    > I am having a serious problem getting any version of Thunderbird, after
    > V5 to work. TB will not start or run after any update from V5 to V6 or
    > V7 or V8. I tried every iteration of update, 5 to 6, 5 to7, 5 to 8 NO
    > JOY. In each case, after what appears to be a normal install (update)
    > with no errors reported or detected, starting TB in every way possible,
    > nothing happens and nothing appears on screen. However, a check of task
    > manager shows a TB "process" running. Another attempt to start TB starts
    > a second TB process, TB never appears in the "applications" category in
    > task manager. If I re-install TB-5 everything works fine. I have tried
    > every combination of uninstall/reinstall I could think of... w/wo admin,
    > w/wo antivirus, w/wo compatibility's, install over, remove then install,
    > download V6, V7, V8 from Mozilla web page and FTP site, start w/wo
    > add-ons enabled/disabled, start in TB safe mode.... still no joy. Revert
    > back to V5 then install 6,7,8 delete V5 then install V6,7,8....NO JOY!!!!
    > I must be missing some step or process to get TB going. I have been at
    > this since TB 6 was offered as an auto update. When TB7 and 8 came
    > along, I tried each of those and basically repeated the above process
    > for each... NO JOY
    >
    > The system: Win7-home-premium-64bit-(current updates), 24G ram, I 950
    > CPU, Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MOBO, SATA3-HD, SATA2-HD, GForce 68000-xt
    > graphics, Samsung 24" monitor.
    >
    > NOTE: TB-V5, works fine as do all the add-ons.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your time and efforts
    >
    > MikeH


    Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own
    experience and the number of postings here this year indicate
    to me that we're in an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may
    be a lively forum on Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.
     
    Anthony Buckland, Nov 15, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. M.H.

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:57:07 -0800, Anthony Buckland wrote:

    > Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own experience
    > and the number of postings here this year indicate to me that we're in
    > an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may be a lively forum on
    > Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.


    I wonder if that's because this is the AMD Thunderbird CPU group and not
    the Mozilla Thunderbird email client group.
     
    Wes Newell, Nov 15, 2011
    #3
  4. On 15/11/2011 12:51 PM, Wes Newell wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 11:57:07 -0800, Anthony Buckland wrote:
    >
    >> Well, good luck, and maybe you'll get a response, but my own experience
    >> and the number of postings here this year indicate to me that we're in
    >> an empty cave here. Somewhere, there may be a lively forum on
    >> Thunderbird, but it sure ain't here.

    >
    > I wonder if that's because this is the AMD Thunderbird CPU group and not
    > the Mozilla Thunderbird email client group.


    Aha! Previously, I didn't know there _is_ a Mozilla
    set of newsgroups. Specifically, I find, via
    news.mozilla.org (for instructions on accessing them,
    Google "Subscribing to news.mozilla.org newsgroups
    with Thunderbird"). I reissued there a posting I
    put here this May and which never got a response,
    and found a lively thread this morning.

    Thanks.
     
    Anthony Buckland, Nov 17, 2011
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. Glenn

    AV8 Wont Start Up

    Glenn, Feb 18, 2005, in forum: Abit
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    946
    Glenn
    Feb 18, 2005
  2. Licensed to Quill

    Problem with ap5tc which wont start

    Licensed to Quill, Aug 13, 2003, in forum: AOpen
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,098
    Licensed to Quill
    Aug 31, 2003
  3. Lasse Lundberg

    Re: p4c800 wont start

    Lasse Lundberg, Jul 3, 2003, in forum: Asus
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    522
    Lasse Lundberg
    Jul 4, 2003
  4. Andre

    P4c800-e deluxe wont start

    Andre, Oct 16, 2003, in forum: Asus
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    803
    Bill De
    Nov 18, 2003
  5. René
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    3,031
    René
    Dec 7, 2003
  6. madmurg

    a7v600 wont start

    madmurg, Dec 23, 2003, in forum: Asus
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    436
    Aardvark F. Bandersnatch, Esq.
    Dec 23, 2003
  7. madmurg

    xp wont start

    madmurg, Dec 24, 2003, in forum: Asus
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    625
  8. Ian
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    952
Loading...