    out the technique for opening Start so I can get to work customising
    it.

    How is it done?

    Richard Adams, Aug 17, 2007

  2. Can you give more information... i.e. exactly how are you trying to
    launch the start menu... stylus tap, using a mouse or pressing the
    keyboard flag key on the keyboard?

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Aug 17, 2007

  3. Richard Adams

    terri Guest

    terri, Aug 17, 2007

  4. Reboot sorted it out. I simply had to use the power switch to shut
    down.

    Double tap would open folders and launch desktop applications, but
    seemed to have great difficulty with the Start button. Moving the
    pointer over the button would shift the green shade, so it was evident
    WinXP recognised the pointer, but double tap produced nothing.

    After reboot I experimented with it a bit and find the pen is best
    left in his holder and use an external keyboard.

    I picked this unit up to use with astronomy equipment and will have to
    rely on the addition of the keyboard, which isn't too bad as it's far
    lighter and cooler than a laptop. I'll assemble an easel to hold up
    the tablet while I work from the keyboard.

    Regarding the pen behaviour, all I can say is "not ready for prime-
    time."

    Richard Adams, Aug 19, 2007