TCP/IP Lean Stack problem

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Neil, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Hello,

    Im trying to run the TCP/IP stack, that came with the TCP/IP lean book
    that i have recently bought, on the microchip PICDEM.net board. I have
    run the hex image that came on the CD with no problems, but i cant get
    version that i have compiled to work. It seems to just loop around
    with the display showing the P16Web v2.02 splash screen, the 'c' for
    my PCH compiler and 0.0.0.0 DHCP being written over and over.

    I am using the CCS PCH complier v3.186 and a PIC18F452 all under MPLAB
    6.4. I have followed the instructions on the authors site to change
    the code to the parts with E2PROM and now i am stuck.

    has anyone had similar problems or think of any solutions? My only
    idea so far is that the chip keeps reseting itself, but i cant see why
    it may be doing this.

    thanks in advance for any help

    Neil

    Neil, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Neil

    Gary Kato Guest

    My only
    Maybe there's a watchdog timer that isn't being reset? Have you tried using the
    simulator to see if something weird is going on? Do you have something like an
    ICD2 to debug with?

    Gary Kato, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Maybe there's a watchdog timer that isn't being reset? Have you tried using >the simulator to see if something weird is going on? Do you have something >like an ICD2 to debug with?

    Dont think it is a wathcdog timer, ive disabled it in the
    configuration fuses. I am in the process of running through with an
    ICD2 at the moment - after turning all the display routines off to
    speed things up a bit! Ill let everyone know what i discover

    Neil, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Neil

    Neil Guest

    Ive narrowed it down to when i enable the HTTP, SMTP or POP3 protocols (all
    of which enable the TCP or TCP client bits) and DHCP at the same time.
    Otherwise I can compile and it works fine. Problem is it was the tcp client
    with DHCP that i was most interested in. I cant see why enabling these two
    protocols should cause these errors either.

    Never mind on with the investigation

    Neil, Apr 15, 2004