    are cutting corners. Dell was always top notch and quality was they're
    number one priority, sounds like it's back to Gateway or Micron for our next
    home computer.. Very sad indeed!

    Pinger, Jan 7, 2005

  2. | I've had Dell PCs for years and always ranked them at the top but recently
    | family members and friends have been telling me their new Dell PCs have
    been
    | buggy and when they call tech support they always end up with a support
    | person from overseas, most think from India. If this is really true Dell
    | just lost me as a customer, beside the fact that not one person who has
    told
    | me this has been happy with their Dell Tech Support expericance but the
    | fact that they are now sending jobs overseas really angers me, with all
    the
    | unemployment in this country to send jobs out of the country is just not
    | right. There are thousands of unemployed college graduates here who are
    very
    | computer savvy which would improve support but the bottom line to me is
    they
    | are cutting corners. Dell was always top notch and quality was they're
    | number one priority, sounds like it's back to Gateway or Micron for our
    next
    | home computer.. Very sad indeed!

    You'll be hard pressed to find a computer company that isn't outsourcing
    tech support. (Gateway included) Take a look at the Newsgroups for the other
    computer manufacturers and you'll see that it's pretty much the same all
    over.

    It's becoming the standard for many types of technology related industries.
    The economy is going global like it or not.

    While we're on the subject, it's worth noting that jobs from overseas
    companies held by Americans in this country (so called "insourcing") numbers
    in excess of 5 million. If we reject outsourcing as bad in principal then it
    stands to reason that we'll have to send all those jobs back. In addition,
    the "insourced" job rate is growing at a higher percentage than the rate of
    jobs being "lost" to outsourcing, and those insourced jobs tend to be higher
    paying than those "lost" to outsourcing.

    Just some food for thought.

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Pinger

    WSZsr Guest

    Troll alert!

    WSZsr, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Pinger

    Craig Guest

    Micron Computer no longer exists, it is now called MPC one of the only
    USA computer companies left.
    http://www.mpccorp.com/

    Craig

    Craig, Jan 7, 2005
  5. Pinger

    Craig Guest

    I found one Co. MPC http://www.mpccorp.com/about/index.html
    formerly MICRON Computers.
    Based in Nampa, Id. USA.

    Craig

    Craig, Jan 7, 2005
  6. Pinger

    Leer Guest

    Craig,

    What has been your experience with MPC? I will be buying a new notebook
    within the next two months for my small business. I have been reading this
    newsgroup along with a few others about notebooks. I am looking at all
    options. I just visited MPC's site and am interested in the views of people
    who have an MPC notebook.

    Thank you in advance for any knowledge or insight you have concerning MPC
    computers.

    Lee

    Leer, Jan 7, 2005
  7. Pinger

    Craig Guest

    More on MPC
    http://www.isyourjobgoingoffshore.c...ea231b1338cee44b56a1226478aa6&p=7885#post7885

    Craig

    Craig, Jan 7, 2005
  8. Pinger

    Eugene Guest

    What makes you think you won't get the same low quality of support from
    another brand. As long as you buy the 'home' pc's you will.

    Eugene, Jan 7, 2005
  9. Pinger

    Irene Guest

    person from overseas, most think from India.

    Based on our experiences, sad, but true.

    The operative word here is "WAS"----at least with respect to their
    "Consumer" division. I'm told that the trend towards out sourcing and
    overseas support has been reversed in the "business" computer division,
    largely because of the loss and potential loss of some very important
    corporate clients.
    You might want to do some research, before, making that decision. From what
    I have found, neither will give you any better than what you get from Dell
    and personally, I have removed Dell from consideration, when it comes to
    future home computer purchases.

    Irene, Jan 7, 2005
  10. I started a topic "Micron, ooops, MPC" in comp.sys.laptops about 5 hours
    ago.
    So far, no replies.

    I've had a Micron desktop since July 1998.
    Excellent system, but the two times I really needed support, ferget it.
    I starte da

    Howard Kaikow, Jan 7, 2005
  11. Pinger

    Pinger Guest

    I am absolutely no troll... You can do a search at this forum for the past
    10 years and see.. I would not nor have I ever trashed anyone or tried to
    conjure flame posts... I take this forum and others I use very seriously,
    true exchanges of facts and opinions... As for what I wrote I do stand by
    it..
    Just totally disappointed in Dell and will definitely being looking else
    where for my next PC..

    Pinger, Jan 7, 2005
  12. Pinger

    CapeGuy Guest

    Building one's own computer has become both more
    straightforward and more necessary. Granted, there is a
    learning curve for first-timers like myself. However, as a
    result of that, there's no longer a need to attempt to rely
    on Dell/Gateway/Micron/Compaq/HP customer support,
    which no longer exist in any meaningful way for home
    and SOHO users.

    CapeGuy, Jan 8, 2005
  13. Pinger

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Where have you been for the past few years??? This is ***OLD*** news.... If
    moving tech support (and jobs) overseas is going to cause a vendor to lose
    you as a customer, then you'd better be prepared to move to a farm in
    Montana and stop buying *anything*...

    Hank Arnold, Jan 8, 2005
  14. Pinger

    Molly Guest

    Molly, Jan 8, 2005
  15. Pinger

    Richardson Guest

    The other alternative for domestic customer service for home computer users
    is Apple Computer. I've always dealt with service reps from Texas or
    California with that company....so far, so good.

    Richardson, Jan 8, 2005
  16. Pinger

    Bad Bubba Guest

    Your family members and friends are the reason Dell moved support
    overseas. They bought the cheapest PC they could find and did not take
    support into question when they bought the system.

    I worked Dell tech support for years and I left because I was underpaid
    for my skill level. And yes, outsourcing was a huge reason why Dell
    doesn't pay well for tech support jobs in the U.S., but after having
    worked tech support for Dell, I blame the consumers, not Dell.

    It's a trend in this country to buy the cheapest product we can find.
    We do NOT take into account who made the product or the impact it has on
    our fellow countrymen (I'm just as guilty as anyone).

    If you aren't going to buy a Dell computer because the support is in
    India, then I hope your not a hipocritical S.O.B. and you buy ONLY
    American made products of all kinds, not just computers. And for that
    matter, good luck finding much of anything that is 100% American made
    these days. Dell and Gateway "assemble" their computers in the U.S.
    using parts from Taiwan and other Asian countries.

    I'd respect you more if you just said, I'm never gonna buy another Dell
    computer because their support has declined, rather than a racial
    statement like I don't like Indians.

    Bad Bubba, Jan 9, 2005
  17. Pinger

    Bad Bubba Guest

    That's not necessarily true. There are thousands of very knowledgeable
    Dell customers (not employees) who answer questions on the Dell web site
    (support forums). And you'll occasionally find some great answers in
    this newsgroup.

    And occasionally, you'll get good support when calling the Dell support
    line. Not all of CTS (consumer) support has been moved overseas, just
    90%. There are over 1,000 support people in the U.S. answering the
    phones for consumer support. It's just hard to get one when Dell is
    recieving over 10,000 calls a day from consumers.

    One interesting statistic is that Dell receives a call on only 1 out of
    every 265 computers it sells on the consumer side. So when Dell sells
    you a computer, it has less than 0.5% chance that you'll call for a
    problem. On the business side that drops to 1 in 1,780 computers.

    More than half of the calls to the consumer side have to do with "user
    errors" which have nothing to do with the machine itself.

    If you want a really good deal on computer and you're willing to handle
    troubleshooting yourself, get a Dell (or Gateway/Compaq) computer with
    an extended warranty, but make that warranty "parts only service". If a
    part breaks down, they send you a replacement part. The rest is up to
    you. POS is actually quite a bit cheaper than the standard extended
    warranty, but of course you have to do all of the troubleshooting
    yourself.

    Bad Bubba, Jan 9, 2005
  18. Well, let's face it.... We =don't= like them.
    (Except for that hot babe on ER. Yummmm..)

    Greg Smithers, Feb 22, 2005
  19. Pinger

    Notan Guest

    "WE?"

    Notan

    Notan, Feb 22, 2005
  20. Pinger

    Brian Guest

    He means himself and his Precioooooousssss.... "We"

    I'm on the fence about the ER chick. She was alright in "Bend it like
    Beckham" and she showed more skin there. But that limey accent grates.

    Brian, Feb 22, 2005