    Thanks
    Tony

    , Jun 3, 2005

  2. Andrew Guest

    wrote:
    : My Toshiba Tecra 8100 completely fails to boot. It does not even reach
    : the Toshiba splash screen. There is some activity namely the HDD led
    : comes on briefy and you can here the CD rom power up but then HDD led
    : goes out and computer on led remains on with no further activity.
    : Pressing the reset button just repeats the whole process.
    : Pressing and holding power button for 5 secs does power down the
    : machine.
    : Pressing power button with F12 depressed sometimes gets to the upgrade
    : BIOS screen but sometimes the screen is garbled with random characters.
    : Any ideas would be greatfully recieved

    Bad memory chip? Could be a lot of things. Getting the service manual
    for the laptop would help - there are probably diagnostic procedures in
    there.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----