    dl'd Temperature Monitor and most of the temps that it monitors are
    running around 56C. Before I call Apple I'd like to at least know what
    the operating range is for the various sensors. Thanks.

    Otto Pylot, Aug 1, 2009

  2. Otto Pylot

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Mine runs at 51-53C most of the time, but it can soar to over 90C if I
    push it hard, such as loads of Raw edits in iPhoto or Aperture, or a
    high graphics game. I'm not too surprised, as the GPU shares stuff with
    the main system, so can load it all quite highly.

    I have a 2.2GHz with the GMA X3100 graphics. Even loading it with max
    RAM didn't help.

    I did find that lifting off the top panel and clearing out the dust from
    the fan and cooler helps a bit. I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it
    did drop the normal running temp a couple of degrees. That takes about
    10-15 minutes to do, but make sure you don't have any warranty to void -
    there's a few small screws to undo). I got away with using a vacuum
    cleaning (very carefully), but I think the concensus is to use a
    compressed air canister.

    I use iStatPro menus to monitor the temps, and other stuff. And, very
    weird, it's showing only 44C as I type this.

    Andy Hewitt, Aug 1, 2009

  3. Otto Pylot

    Otto Pylot Guest

    Thanks for iSlayer. Very nice. It records my Airport card as 151F.
    Seems hot to me but I guess that's "normal" ?

    Otto Pylot, Aug 1, 2009