    before and where on or near the cpu can i put it. does attaching the second
    sensor to the mobo heatsink or the graphics card gpu make more sense.

    Robin:eek:)

    Robin Gordon, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Robin Gordon

    Ben Pope Guest

    My favourite location (although thats not where it is now - I'll come to
    that) is as close to the core as you dare, on the underside of the heatsink.

    Even better is to stick it to the side of the core, just don't let it
    protrude the top.

    Oh, and use some thermal epoxy or something similar. I used cyanoacrylate
    (superglue) and it melted the plasticky coating on the sensor leaving the
    two metal legs to the semiconductor which now need insulating - doh!

    Or stick it to whatever you would like to monitor the temperature of...
    video card is another good one, either its GPU or a memory chip.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Sep 11, 2003