Temporary Bootproblems with ASUS A7V133

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Pooh, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Pooh

    Pooh Guest

    After approximately 1 year failure free operation as digital video
    recorder I've observed boot problems with the mentioned board.

    Failure Description - different, not reproduceable, which failure
    occurs under which conditions:

    1.) In the first screen, the processor message is repeated 50 times or
    so: - Duron AMD 600 - Duron AMD 600 - Duron AMD 600 - ... and no more
    reaction.
    2.) CRC-Error while booting the kernel (linux)
    3.) Kernel Panic after booting the kernel

    This failure only occurs directly after power on. After one or more
    resets, I assume, it depends on the time, booting is successful.

    After approximately 4 week not used and disconnect from any power
    supply, the failure has "vanished". No more problems. But I expect, it
    will occure again.

    Configuration:
    A7V133 with Bios 1009 or 1010 (Bios Update did not change anything)
    HD Samsung SP 1604N
    No Floppy or CD-Rom
    Technotrend Sat DVB-S Card
    Twin-Han Sat DVB-S Card
    Noname Network Adapter
    Test with different Graphic Adapters (PCI and AGP) with no change of
    failure

    I removed the cards, changed the harddisk, power suppy and ram. I
    assume, it may be a power supply problem of the main board (perhaps
    capacitor).

    Any ideas for resolution? Or replace the board?

    Best regard
    Pooh

    Pooh, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Pooh

    Aussie Guest

    18th of April 2006......A7V133.....Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar out..

    Aussie, Apr 18, 2006

  3. Pooh

    Pooh Guest

    Your right, but this does not solve the problem. For some systems like
    VDRs these boards are widely used. Duron 600/64 Megs RAM, 160G
    Harddisk, a full featured and a lowcost DBV-S card - and the video
    recorder is fine.

    But perhaps the wrong media, it's called _news_group ... ;-)

    Pooh

    Pooh, Apr 18, 2006