    2) What TIF limit do you have on your computers? I just lowered
    mine to 20MB in the hope that would prevent the browser from getting bogged
    down after heavy Internet use.

    HistoryFan, Oct 15, 2003

  2. HistoryFan

    Tom Almy Guest

    The size to use depends on the type of sites you visit (news sites with
    constantly changing content don't benefit at all from a cache, while
    sites with unchanging content you visit often will benefit.) I've got
    mine set to 5MB. Just keep reducing the value and see what happens. You
    aren't going to break anything!

    Tom Almy, Oct 15, 2003

  3. HistoryFan

    Michael Guest

    mines set to 80mb

    Michael, Oct 16, 2003
  4. HistoryFan

    RFox Guest

    Mine's set to 1000 MB, but then I've got over 50GB of free space.

    Performance isn't dependent on just the browser cashe size but
    the ratio of that to how much free disk space you have left.

    I wouldn't feel comfortable with less than 1 GB of free space
    because of all the temp files Windows and its applications use up,
    and that's on the low end already, especially if you do a lot
    of web surfing. I'd like to give myself at least 5 GB free.

    Try emptying out your browser cache more often.
    Clean out your HD, defragment, delete abandoned Windows
    temp files, etc.

    RFox, Oct 16, 2003