    kit so I installed it with the AMD heatsink. I'm assuming that I should be
    able to get my temps closer to 40C. Any suggestions?

    TIA,

    Jason Richardson, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Jason Richardson

    Wes Newell Guest

    I don't remember what mine ran at, but it wasn't that hot even with my old
    aluminum HSF. First thing I'd do is reinstall the HSF using thermal paste.
    The pad is no good now. It's a one shot installation. If you're sure you
    have it on right and your temps still don't drop, and your case temp isn't
    too high, then I'd replace the stock cooler with one of the newer
    copper/aluminum hybrids. If you want cheap, a TR2-M1 will work well and
    will fit. It's not the best, but at $8, it's very good, and it's pretty
    quiet compared to some of the others.

    Wes Newell, Oct 10, 2003