    www.g2support.com/backups

    Get a free trial today
    www.g2support.com/downloads

    Oliver Marshall, Feb 26, 2007

  2. Oliver  Marshall

    Leo Dekeo Guest

    'exit' should work, as well as ctrl+d (cmd+w also works)
    However, you must set a preference (under the menu item 'Terminal') that
    closes the window instead of just ending the shell process. There are
    also settings that prevent you from accidentally closing a window when a
    process is still running.

    Leo Dekeo, Feb 26, 2007

  3. Oliver  Marshall

    Dave Seaman Guest

    It's actually under Terminal -> Window Settings... rather than Terminal ->
    Preferences.... Select "Shell" from the popup menu.

    Dave Seaman, Feb 26, 2007
  4. How about command-w ?

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 26, 2007
  5. I assume you mean Terminal the application?

    Set Terminal to close when no process is running and use 'exit'
    as others have said. It's always a good idea to check the
    preferences for an application you are unfamiliar with.
    In what application? I suspect you mean in a command.com window. In
    that case I suspect you are also misinterpreting the function of
    OS X's Terminal application. The Terminal is an interface into
    other (command line) programs. The first command it runs is usually
    a shell (can be set via preferences). It is that shell that you
    are interacting with when you type commands - the Terminal just
    passes the data back and forth.

    HTH you understand your Terminal interactions in the future.

    Heath Raftery, Feb 27, 2007