    columns by 5 rows. Changing this has no effect. I have tried trashing
    my comp.apple.terminal.plist file and then restarting Terminal but it
    doesn't help. The windows are just as tiny. Any ideas?

    google, Feb 21, 2006

  2. You are missing a font, or the font is messed up somehow. I'm pretty
    sure the solution is on Apple Support and/or MacOSXHints. Sorry, can't
    recall the solution.

    void * clvrmnky(), Feb 21, 2006

  3. google

    Warren Oates Guest

    Open up Font Book and enable the Monaco font.

    Warren Oates, Feb 21, 2006
  4. void * clvrmnky(), Feb 21, 2006
  5. google

    google Guest

    Nope. I already tried that solution (trashing the terminal preferences)
    and it didn't help me. Thanks, though.

    google, Feb 21, 2006
  6. google

    google Guest

    I'll take a look. I hadn't though of a bad/missing font. I'm going to
    explore that avenue. Thanks!

    google, Feb 21, 2006
  7. google

    Warren Oates Guest

    It's the font. It's a known "bug." Terminal needs to have Monaco
    installed; it's a venerable monospace System Font. You (or someone) must
    have deactivated it.

    Warren Oates, Feb 22, 2006
  8. google

    google Guest

    Good call. I installed the font and that fixed it. As "known" bugs go,
    this one was awfully evasive to my googling. Thanks for your help!

    google, Feb 24, 2006