Terratec DMX 6Fire: is it best to have Sensaura ON or OFF?!! Pleaseread..

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by please.reply, Oct 12, 2003.

  1. please.reply

    please.reply Guest

    Hi,

    In a review of the Terratec DMX 6Fire that you can find over here:
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/terratecdmx6fire/ they
    say towards the end of the article where they test the CPU load when
    playing games with this card: "A typical situation in
    games is simultaneous reproducing of 8 to 16 voices. The Audigy
    advantage is a couple of percents. The Audigy outscores its
    competitor in stream mixing quality. With the Sensaura disabled the
    drivers of the DMX 6 fire card turn to the mode of
    software DirectSound algorithms. This is the mode which we recommend for
    playing music in universal WAV/MP3 players
    Windows Media Player and others using DirectSound API."

    Now, why do they recommend to disable Sensaura for playing music with
    WAV/MP3 players like Windows Media Player?
    Also, they say with Sensaura disabled the drivers of the DMX 6 fire card
    turn to the mode of software DirectSound
    algorithms! I thought Sensaura *is* the same as "software DirectSound
    algorithms" (since Sensaura is not in hardware if I understand it right)
    or is there a difference? I thought it was always best to turn Sensaura
    ON?! If it's best ON for games and OFF for windows media player, does
    that mean you have to change this settings all the time or what?!!

    Anybody could please clarify what they mean in the article as I don't
    understand it? Thanks in advance for the info!

    please.reply, Oct 12, 2003