Test And Tweak New P4P800 System Recommendations

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Tappy Tibbons, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. We built a couple of what we hoped were going to be fast development
    machines using P4P800, 800FSB HT CPU's, Raptor drives, Fast memory, etc.

    From our initial observations, the systems don't really seem as fast as we
    would think they should be.

    Can anyone recommend any settings that may improve performance, or any tools
    to benchmark/test it?

    Should we even consider messing with any BIOS settings? They have those
    overclock + 10%, 20%, etc, some different others. Has anyone tried them and
    noticed any improvement worth the stability tradeoff?

    Also, when using the SATA Raptor drives, are there any BIOS settings we
    should use, or are there any software drivers that need to be loaded to take
    advantage of the interface? I remember in the old days you usually had to
    load 32 bit device drivers, or go somewhere and click UltraDMA, or do
    something manual to kick it up a notch. We are running XP Pro SP1, so maybe
    it is now all automatic.

    Thanks for any advice.....

    Tappy Tibbons, Dec 11, 2003