    guess the circuit board could be bad aswell. But want some input

    Please advise what pins to test toor where some where else mayb
    testing points ,,,what readings I should get??????

    belschner, Mar 15, 2006

  2. belschner

    Mark Guest

    Generally speaking, laptops will operate even if NO battery is
    installed, including 1600-series Presarios. Pursue making sure that
    power is actually reaching the "guts" of the machine first. On my 1625,
    the problem was that the DC jack was not making contact with the
    circuit board (an adventure in itself!). In other cases, the DC wire
    has become intermittent right where it enters the plug (which at least
    is easier to get at). Lastly, there may be grief on the motherboard
    itself.

    But DON'T but a new battery just yet.

    -Mark

    Mark, Mar 27, 2006