    tablet PC correction for windows Journal and tablet PC text insertion
    --
    hs

    hs, Feb 23, 2008

  2. i bought a Hp2710p tablet pc 3 days ago with vista business installed, it
    feels a bit slower than my previous HP tc4200 xp-tablet but the vista
    handwriting in much better. i have updated all the drivers and mine still
    does the same as yours. after a while, especially on the internet ( i am
    using microsofft exploder7) the text insertion tool will fail to respond.

    the sequence is ususally like this.....
    tap text box on screen with stylus
    text insertion panel opens
    i move the stylus to the text insertion panel and it will close instantly
    before i write
    this annoying premature closing can happen a few times before i get chance
    to write
    a little while later i will tap a text box and the text insertion panel will
    open and remain open but i cannot write in it.
    sometimes an indicater of the none responsive text insertion panels iminent
    arrival is that the text insertion panel will open in keyboard mode rather
    than the expected handwriting mode, from this point on no input or reaction
    can be made via the text insertion panel.
    all i can do is exit via the red cross and restart my tablet PC.

    incidently the docked text insertion panel at the left side of my screen
    wont open, it just stays docked, no reaction to the stylus at all. what a
    pain in the bum! a tablet PC with no way of tablet input!

    BARNSLEYBIKER, Mar 30, 2008