TFTP file location in Coldfire M5474LITE

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Guest, Aug 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I've been following the recipe provided by Freescale in their
    document, "Linux BSP Targeting ColdFire M54X5EVB and ColdFire
    M54X4LITE Boards". I built the toolchain in Ubuntu Linux in VMware w/
    a few modifications, and am running tftp and nfs servers on the linux
    host.

    I can tftp the colilo bootloader w/o problems - see below

    dBUG> dn
    Downloading S-Record 'colilo_mcf5474_flash.srec' from 172.27.0.145
    S-record download successful!
    TFTP transfer completed
    Read 195176 bytes (382 blocks)

    Then I'm supposed to erase/write this to flash w/ the commands -

    dBUG> fl e e0000000 40000
    dBUG> fl w e0000000 1000000 20000

    However, when I try the first command, I get an error stating that
    it's an invalid flash location. My goal is to figure out where to
    write the colilo code. Here's the memory map...

    dBUG> mmap

    Type Start End Port Size
    SDRAM 0x00000000 0x03FFFFFF 32-bit
    MBAR 0x10000000 0x1003FFFF 32-bit
    System SRAM 0x10010000 0x10017FFF 32-bit
    Core SRAM0 0x20000000 0x20000FFF 32-bit
    Core SRAM1 0x20001000 0x20001FFF 32-bit
    Boot Flash 0xFF800000 0xFFBFFFFF 16-bit

    Protected Start End
    dBUG Code 0xFF800000 0xFF82FFFF
    dBUG Data 0x00000000 0x0001FFFF
    MCD API 0x10010000 0x10012FFF

    Chip Selects
    CS0 Boot Flash

    Any idea what I should do next?

    Thanks, Tom
    Spamming this account signifies
    your unqualified consent to a free security audit

    Guest, Aug 2, 2006