TH7-RAID - and winXP

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Immuno, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Immuno

    Immuno Guest

    Hi,

    Sorry if I'm asking questions that were covered "years ago".

    I recently picked-up a couple of boards, a TH7-Raid and a TH7II-Raid - they
    both work very nicely thanks :)

    The TH7II outperforms the much newer Asus P4PE!

    My specific problem is getting the highpoint 370 chip recognized by windows
    XP, I've re-flashed the mobo bios. This apears to include a bios upgrade for
    the 370 chip to ver 2.34 - which I can access through <ctrl> H during
    boot-up. I've downloaded the most recent drivers from the Abit site AND the
    Highpoint site - but XP steadfastly refuses to accept the driver inf files
    (citing age - "windows 95 or older"!).

    I'm I missing something - or am I flogging a dead horse?

    TIA

    Pete

    Immuno, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Immuno

    Immuno Guest

    ..... OK - belay that question!

    Oddly, it eventually did it via the install device from list, have disk
    route.... Had to do it that way for all three boards.

    Oh, well - works now :)

    Immuno, Oct 14, 2003