    The machine recognised it but I couldnt use the space above 137GB
    ..... only the RAID controllers recognised and allowed me to use the full
    space.

    127.0.0.1, Feb 3, 2004

  2. 127.0.0.1

    John Lewis Guest

    What did you use to check the space ? WinXP ? Fully updated ?

    If in doubt, I check with Partition Magic 8 backup floppies. Easiest
    way to tell the truth about what hard disks and space the
    BIOS/hardware actually sees with any particular BIOS setting
    of the HD controllers. A very good health check on the hard-disk
    hardware and settings on a newly-built (or modified) machine
    before loading any OS.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Feb 4, 2004