Thank You Abit, I think you have turned the corner with Warranties & RMA's, see Inside

Discussion in 'Abit' started by meme, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. meme

    meme Guest

    Hi all,

    I just went through the RMA operation with ABit-USA and was suprised
    how easy it went.

    I had a client who purchased an Abit SA6R m/b as part of a system in
    May, 2003. The seller is now out of business and I got the job of
    finding out what was wrong with the 'server-workstation'. It has two
    Raid drives, video etc, and an ABIT SA6R m/b with a 933 intel cpu.

    Well, I opened it up and saw all the caps near the processor bulging
    out on top with a brown residue on the top of them. Well here goes
    cap city, etc. and NO invoice for the m/b, just for the system

    I called Abit and was refered to the Website for entering the RMA. I
    did this and recieved all the necessary infor and shipped the m/b off
    to Abit in the Bay Area.

    About 3 days later I received an emal saying that the m/b was
    definitely under warranty, wheeeh.,,, However, they were out of the
    m/b and offered through the letter below more than adaquate
    compensation for replacing the defective unit

    Dear customer,

    We are currently out of stock for SA6-RAID. We will provide you “Store
    Credit” for this model. The credit you have is based on your original
    purchasing invoice. You can pick any ABIT current items as your
    replacement, including motherboard and video card, and get a
    replacement from us directly. The price of item you choice will be
    based on any one of following sources that you can get from:

    1. ABIT MSRP – provides directly by ABIT sales department (please
    advise, if you need it)

    2. ABIT distributors selling prices – if you are a reseller and
    you can get a better price from ABIT distributors (need price proof
    from you)

    3. ABS online store – if you are an end user and you can get a
    fair price from a most popular online store at www.newegg.com

    So please visit ABIT home page at www.abit-usa.com to select any
    current item you like, and please also provide your original invoice
    to us. ABIT RMA Dept. will process your request soon. Thank you.

    Best Regards,
    Customer Service Representative
    ABIT Computer (USA) Corporation

    I then call the RMA department and told the RMA person that I talked
    to that this could be a big expense on the customers part because of
    the need to change the processor, memory and possibly hard drives
    because the old and new raid configuration was very different.
    Needless to say I had to get all of the info ready to present to my
    client, expenses, time involved, etc. I also told the RMA people at
    ABIT and told them that I didn't have a copy of the original receipt
    for the m/b and was told that their sales department would make the
    price 'right' for adjustment.

    About 15minutes after terminating the phone call I was called back and
    told that a new shipment of m/b's had arrived and that there was an
    ABIT SA6R available for RMA. They shipped it that day and I received
    it the next day (i'm in Northern California about 150 miles north of
    SF.)

    Well, everything is back up and running, all problems cured and the
    total time for this exchange,,,,,, 7 days from my shipment of the
    m/b.

    The attitude at ABIT during all of this was one of helpfulness and one
    of trying to take care of the most important thing, the customer,
    with a minimum of 'sidestepping' and 'problems'. No "if's, and's or
    but's" just an air of really being their to help the customer, this
    was very refreshing !!!

    I'm very satisfied and will definitely be back in the abit camp,,,

    Bob Smith
    Robert Smith Consulting
    Fort Bragg, California

    meme, Feb 27, 2005

  2. Well, everything is back up and running, all problems cured and the
    Thank you for let us know, Bob.

    I think that's clear what Abit's got to show when one wanna the difference
    between the men and the boys...

    Giuseppe Carmine De Blasio, Feb 27, 2005

  3. meme

    TomG Guest

    cool! nice to see that Abit stepped up to the plate!

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 130,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Feb 27, 2005
  4. It's not about stepping "up"...Check "About Us", their site, for Class
    Actions" for a number of their boards, of which I have 3 on their
    list.

    Leon Manfredi, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Sorry! Wrong location....Look under Support...-> Miscellaneous

    Leon Manfredi, Feb 28, 2005
  6. meme

    TomG Guest

    I'm well aware of their class action suit... still, I am of the opinion that
    they have attempted to address the situation pretty well, given that they
    did not manufacture the caps that got them into this situation.

    TomG, Feb 28, 2005