The 1M$ question:When are the prices of the newest RADEON cards going to drop?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Nissim Trifonov, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. Does anyone have any info abut when the new X800 comes out to the market
    (making the 9800 prices drop)???

    Nissim Trifonov, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Nissim Trifonov

    Cuzman Guest

    " Does anyone have any info abut when the new X800 comes out to the market
    (making the 9800 prices drop)??? "

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04/23/ati_r420_slips/

    If the first high-end card comes out at $499, then I don't see the 128MB
    9800 Pro dropping too much in price. It's already under $200. Do people
    expect it to drop to $100 or something? That would hurt sales of their
    newly-released cards. It'll probably still be above $150 at Christmas.

    Cuzman, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Nissim Trifonov

    JLC Guest

    I agree. I really don't think that the 9800Pro is going to come down much
    more before Xmas. I think what you'll see is a lot of rebate sales. So the
    card will be $200 with a $50 rebate. The card is still selling well at the
    $200 price point. There's not a huge market for the $500+ cards. So the
    9800Pro will still be a good seller for awhile longer. JLC

    JLC, Apr 26, 2004